Maybe it is because I taught English or because I write for a living, but I love books. Books give children the ability to imagine different places, characters, and endless possibilities. We’ve read these, owned them, some many times. I can’t wait until you get yours!
Children’s Book Must-Haves:
- I Love You, Stinky Face An entire line of books about a boy who calls himself Stinky Face and how much his mama loves him. These are hysterical short, and great for any age.
- We’re All Wonders Moving, important, and impactful, our family loves this story of inclusion and acceptance.
- The Three Ninja Pigs Non-stop hilarity in this ninja spin on the traditional tale of the Three Little Pigs. Also, it rhymes.
- Dory Fantasmagory This was one of our first chapter books and if you have a hesitant reader, this is an easy read and so stinking funny that you will want to read it again and again. There are a few more in this series as well and we are working our way through them now.
- The Gruffalo A lovely rhyming story of a brilliant mouse who outsmarts all of the predators in the forest with his wild imagination. We LOVE this book, own it’s sequel, and the stuffed animal because we are the #1 Gruffalo fans!
- The Rhino Who Swallowed the Storm This book was written by a friend within the tiny house community along with Lavar Burton from The Reading Rainbow (cue all of my childhood memories). It is brilliantly written, expertly illustrated, and a beautiful way to explain emotions.
- Uniquely Wired Love the story of a boy whose brain works differently.
- The Invisible Boy This story of inclusion is beautiful and the kids will love it.
- Enemy Pie Funny and witty, this idea of friendship and kindness is wonderfully told.
- My Mouth Is a Volcano Our favorite book about interrupting addresses impulse control in a funny and easy-to-understand way.